*DELETED* Keira Knightley

User-created examples of celebrities in fetish attire. For example: scanned drawings or CG images.

Moderator: UrMa

Postby cornfeld » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 am

Agreed, these are fantastic!

Not only great choice of subject, but nice match between face and poses, model's body, color, even character. And executed with skill.

Please share more of your work with us!
cornfeld

Postby Berry » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:53 am

tr1pod wrote:Deleted. Do not promote pay sites here.

Confusing rules here. So, if I paste someone else's head on the image from a pay site but do not mention the site's name it's allowed to place their content here? I see opportunities :?
Berry

Postby KG » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:23 am

Berry wrote:
tr1pod wrote:Deleted. Do not promote pay sites here.

Confusing rules here. So, if I paste someone else's head on the image from a pay site but do not mention the site's name it's allowed to place their content here? I see opportunities :?

It's straightforward - your post will be deleted if you post pictures from pay sites, if you link to them, or if you request picture sets from them. This is going to apply if an altered image has a logo from such a site, or if someone identifies the site in a comment. It's principally because sites with member areas tend to protect their content in a very proactive and litigious manner and I'd rather be careful than have the forums shut down.

It would be such a shame to lose tr1pod's work, so please make sure you don't conjecture about the source if you think it's from a pay site; if it continues, I'll have no option but to remove the whole topic.
KG

The rules have been updated: do not post media from pay-per-click hosts, such as FileSonic and HotFile.
KG
Site Admin

Postby Berry » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Thanks for the rapid reply, KG. I do however think this "allowing but don't tell" is passing the border of the rules, no matter how well the image has been done (and they are well done, I agree).
But you are the administrator of this board so I hope you are aware where this might go (or end) if the postings continue and the owner of the images checks this forum, and he does, so I've seen before ...

Berry :roll:
Berry

Postby KG » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:26 pm

I've reconsidered this, after realising that tr1pod admitted to getting the images from a pay site. (I originally thought that it was another member guessing about the origin of the pics.)

I'll let tr1pod know via PM.

It's such a shame, as those were fantastic fakes :(
KG

The rules have been updated: do not post media from pay-per-click hosts, such as FileSonic and HotFile.
KG
Site Admin

Postby SixStringSlinger13 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:08 pm

...Damn shame...
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
-Oscar Wilde
SixStringSlinger13

Postby UrMa » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:04 pm

KG wrote:It's such a shame, as those were fantastic fakes

Oh, yes...
UrMa

Postby Aarkey » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:12 pm

FWIW - and I'm not a copyright lawyer... but I do believe there is a point where you significantly modify an image to create art from it, that you establish your ownership up the new image. Obviously how that's defined and everything else has to vary (and I'm sure internationally it varies too) but that image definitely was art.

As someone who does a bit of SEO work online, I can understand exactly why KG needs to be so strict regarding the mention of sites and magazines. That attracts web crawlers and can bring unwanted attention. This is a fun little forum, those of us who enjoy and participate here are sincere about it. But we're a relatively small bunch and that keeps it focused and helps reduce the work fighting off spammers and bots and trolls and all other issues that can arise on a forum.

In short, KG's rule is pretty simple - and smart. Why people need to discuss it and redefine it and understand it over and over is beyond me. Maybe an FAQ type explanation by KG can put it to rest - and allow us to enjoy art and typical Kinky Gerlinky style images without complications.
Aarkey

Previous

Return to Art