Alternative to Super for transcoding files?

Share your suggestions for the site, chat about your favourite celebs or simply say hello.

Moderator: UrMa

Alternative to Super for transcoding files?

Postby LinkDink » Tue May 03, 2011 5:14 am

I have used Super for several years to convert almost any video file into almost anything else. But I recently downloaded the newest version -- what a huge mistake. This new version comes with malware like a browser toolbar you are forced to install and god knows what else. I had to uninstall the whole thing to get rid of the shit smuggled in.

The old version circa '09 was a clean install. I tried re-installing the old version I had saved, but it won't launch; maybe the crippled it so you have to use the new one. Whatever.

So I'm looking for alternatives. I've tried several, like My Video Converter, but these are all too limited in options or in file compatibility.

So what's everybody using these days?
LinkDink

Re: Alternative to Super for transcoding files?

Postby Niolani » Mon May 09, 2011 9:03 am

Handbrake, but you have probably figured that out by now. Handbrake encodes to mkv and mp4.

AVIdemux is still my main one.
Niolani

Postby redfive » Mon May 09, 2011 9:12 am

Format Factory!

Easy to use:

http://www.formatoz.com/
redfive

Postby LinkDink » Tue May 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Thanks for the tips.

IIRC, I think I have Handbrake, but didn't use it much because I couldn't get it to convert video to an uncompressed format. I will take it out and play with it some more to see what it can really do.

I'm also downloading Format Factory now....
LinkDink

Return to General Discussion