Who is this?

Share your suggestions for the site, chat about your favourite celebs or simply say hello.

Moderator: UrMa

Who is this?

Postby Rev_Dan_Doobly » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:29 am

Have a video of her on a chat show I am thinking of posting, but have forgotten her name.
Rev_Dan_Doobly

Re: Who is this?

Postby Pete » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Fairly certain it's Yasmine Bleeth of Baywatch fame
Pete

Postby Guest1234 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 pm

If thats Yasmine, then thats the worst shot ever of her, I could never tell its her. Im not saying it inst her, as everyone do has that "thats not me" angle.
Guest1234

Postby Rev_Dan_Doobly » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:36 am

Yasmine Bleeth? No wonder I could not remember her name. What a terrible name for someone in show business to have, especially a starlet looking to be a national sex symbol. You want a name that says sexy and young, not one that says old lady from Hungary. Note that some studio head decided the name Norma Jean was too much of a tongue twister and had that actress change it to Marilyn Monroe.

I was sure she was someone from Baywatch, ( Melrose Place was my second choice ) but just could not place the name. After watching some Yasmine Bleeth videos on YouTube and comparing it to the chat show video, I am now 99% sure that it is her. I have a video of her on the Jay Leno show in leather pants which will be put up here soon. I am currently converting old VHS tapes to DVD and from there burning them to AVI. I have a lot of good stuff not yet available here, most poor quality, but stuff that is otherwise rare. This project may take a while. In some cases I have taped videos of girls but neglected to write down the names of who I was taping, assuming I would forever remember the name of a girl who wore a hot outfit on television. I got a lot of mystery girls from the 80s, 90s and early 00s wearing kinky outfits, and I would prefer knowing who they were rather than starting a lot of threads titled "Unknown Girl in Latex".
Rev_Dan_Doobly

Postby Guest1234 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:36 am

Is better to post even if you dont know the name. Chances are someone on the forum can Identify, and the moderators are very good in correcting the topics.

Im sure this may happen quite often, so you may put everything in one thread.
Guest1234

Postby dlongone » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:03 am

"I am currently converting old VHS tapes to DVD and from there burning them to AVI."

Best to skip the inefficient DVD/MP2 conversion and then-obligatory recode to avi. VHS tends to look best if you cap to uncompressed or something lossless like Lagarith. Then deinterlace, denoise using something like Neat Video, and crop the head-switching noise off the bottom. You can do these 3 things in one step, once again saving to uncompressed or Lagarith format. Now load the high quality filtered output into your avi (or better yet AVC/MP4) encoder to make your final video. If you really want DVD, you can then make a vob from the avi or your filtered lossless clip. Everything will look much better if you don't feed noisy,unfiltered VHS into your DVD codec. Good luck with your project, most VHS era shows have far better scenery than the stuff they're showing nowadays.
http://hides-n-shine.blogspot.com
dlongone

Postby Rev_Dan_Doobly » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:31 pm

dlongone wrote:Best to skip the inefficient DVD/MP2 conversion and then-obligatory recode to avi. VHS tends to look best if you cap to uncompressed or something lossless like Lagarith. Then deinterlace, denoise using something like Neat Video, and crop the head-switching noise off the bottom. You can do these 3 things in one step, once again saving to uncompressed or Lagarith format. Now load the high quality filtered output into your avi (or better yet AVC/MP4) encoder to make your final video. If you really want DVD, you can then make a vob from the avi or your filtered lossless clip. Everything will look much better if you don't feed noisy,unfiltered VHS into your DVD codec. Good luck with your project, most VHS era shows have far better scenery than the stuff they're showing nowadays.

I have already copied clips from the VHS tapes onto a DVD. There appears to be no loss of picture quality from the playback source [ the VCR ] so the DVDs are as good as the original VHS tapes. A few years back I bought a Dazzle* DVC80 which was suppose to be the top of the line when it came to video capture. It produced a 320 x 240 sized picture. Soon after I began to see high quality videos on share sites and began to wonder why everyone else was able to create DVD quality avi files. Since then I have tried several capture programs and have purchased several different devices, cables and cards. They either gave me the same 320 x 240 quality picture, or simply refused to work in my computer. ( it is not a matter of available memory. I had that checked out and I have more than enough. ) My last resort seems to be scrapping my PC and buying an Apple, but that will not happen for a while, if at all.

On the other hand, I am able to record on DVD and copy those DVD files as Vob onto my computer. The problem is the final step of converting those files into either avi. or Mpeg. Most so far have produced pictures where you get the double striped image every time something on screen moves. I am currently working with AutoGK which seems to work with no major loss of quality.
Rev_Dan_Doobly

Postby dlongone » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Don't waste your money on Apple, won't make a bit of difference (they are running Intel hardware now, same as a PC). Most of the USB capture devices can generate a 640 x 480 square pixel picture easily (choose that option instead of an anamorphic/rectangular pixel option if possible). Capture to lossless avi or Lagarith lossless, don't use mpg, divx,etc. at this point. Once you're done capturing, close the software that came with your capture device - it isn't good for much else. Get VirtualDub, and at least the "deinterlace - area based", "dot crawl comb filter", and "Neat Video" plugins. Load your video into Virtual dub, then go to Video-filters...first apply "deinterlace - area based" (default setting work fine). Then "dot crawl comb filter" with Trellis... and Precise 4-way...options. Lastly, load Neat Video and give it a good noise sample from a background area of the video. Let VirtualDub save this once again to lossless avi or Lagarith. All the lines and background noise should be gone. You can then load this filtered video into your final encoder of choice, I use a 2-pass encode at no less than 1800kb. Time consuming and hard to learn...but far better results than any one-step converter. I've often had VHS coming out looking at least as good as DVDs I've bought, or recent stuff I've capped from TV.
http://hides-n-shine.blogspot.com
dlongone

Postby mickgr » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:41 am

I've been looking for this vid forever! Looking forward to it snd Many Thanks!
mickgr

Postby Rev_Dan_Doobly » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:34 am

The Yasmine Bleeth clip along with many others copied off my old VHS collection have been uploaded to share sites, the links available in the appropriate forums. ( Mrs. Bleeth can now be found in the Actress forum. ) I warn anyone not to expect much. In fact, expect very little. Aside from the quality you would expect from two decade old VHS tapes recorded in the SLP mode, there is the matter of these being only fragments of the appearance. Back then I would only tape the actress entering the studio up to just after she had sat down, and perhaps random parts of the interview. Just enough so I had a record of the outfit. I did not need the actual interview.

The AutoGK is adequate enough to turn VHS into watchable AVI files, although it appears that there may have been some loss of frames during the process. I still have a years worth of stuff recorded on DVD which has not yet been posted in these forums. I still want to experiment to find a way to reproduce quality AVI files, but for the VHS conversions, this was good enough.
Rev_Dan_Doobly

Postby Guest1234 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Thanks for all the vids. I feel like I just came back from a vacation.

Regarding the DVDs, if you explore its contents, you may copy the .vob video to the computer. This file can be played by VLC. In adition to that, you may convert it, but it will probably lose quality
Guest1234

Return to General Discussion