!VOTE NOW! Choose the next Kinky Gerlinky covergirl!

Share your suggestions for the site, chat about your favourite celebs or simply say hello.

Moderator: UrMa

Postby Aarkey » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Wow Biro... I love it.
Aarkey

Postby latexxxlove » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:16 am

Can the girl be made bigger, Biro? She's too small!!
Tight and Shiny
latexxxlove

Postby Biro » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:13 pm

latexxxlove wrote:Can the girl be made bigger, Biro? She's too small!!

This is the original size I made it as. I shrunk it down because I thought it was a little too big for a banner. It could be made bigger again but I'd have to start from scratch.

(Also, the bigger it is, the more obvious it'll become I had to paint in the tip of her shoe cut off in the picture :lol: )
Biro

Postby Aarkey » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:26 pm

I think your original size Biro was about right. The current logo is 140 px tall, your first one was 196. Based on the size of the menu and title on the right, I think anything over 120 (or maybe even 100 px) is simply going to reduce the space for the actual forum. Though some reduction is worth it - we all have to keep in mind that reduction is a constant.
Aarkey

Postby AussieBoy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:11 pm

Hrm, like the girl in Biro's first one better, but the outfit in the second one better. Both good work!
AussieBoy

Postby Guest1234 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:21 am

Wow, Biro`s first one is amazing (Megan Fox, right?) the font format is really amazing, its powerfull!

I also liked that the girl is smaller than the word "kinky gerlinky", after all, a banner is about the name right? This isnt megan fox fan site.

And I previowsly mentioned that it was too black, I dont think that way anymore, I think it looks very good now. (I think the oversized megan was the "problem")

I still dont like the zipper in the Y, having a solid Y is more powerfull, and welcomes all the types of fetish better.

That one would get my vote so far..

One of the reasons I like Biros first image more is because the girl is naked and is a pleasant, soft, welcoming picture. The second one screams "fetish"
Guest1234

Postby Guest1234 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:25 am

Wow, that was my 300th post...and someone mentioned Xerxes ahuahauha.

Anyway, may I sugest that when we have a poll with the candidates, all users get an email and PM about the poll...
Guest1234

Postby Angelic » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:51 am

Much as I like all the designs above, I should point out that our original job description was to find a 'covergirl', not design a textual banner. I discovered, early on, that when you have lots of text, the girl disappears.

I don't know how many of you have this problem (I know KG does), but when you are around at your parents place checking up on the forum, you don't want the banner to be too obvious when a human walks into the room behind you.

The Rachel Weisz icon (and Betty Page) have the advantage of being recognisable. When KG put the Weisz picture up on the blog, I think he was struck by how unexpected it was. Here is a beautiful mainstream British actor, posing before a professional fetish photographer. This is how it ought to be, in the KG fetish world.
Angelic

Postby latexxxlove » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:41 am

Spot on Angelic;

when you have lots of text, the girl disappears

That's just what I was hinting at previously.
Tight and Shiny
latexxxlove

Postby Angelic » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:05 pm

That was a conversation stopper. :lol:
Angelic

Postby KG » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:59 pm

Angelic is correct - the original purpose of the topic was to find a covergirl. Please submit any images you are fond of and which you think would constitute a good banner. Don't worry about including a logo or any other design elements; although the suggestions so far have been great, I don't want to exclude those who - like me - may not be artistically inclined.

I've been having yet more PC woes, but when things are back to normal, I'll submit some of my own faves.
KG

The rules have been updated: do not post media from pay-per-click hosts, such as FileSonic and HotFile.
KG
Site Admin

Postby KG » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:25 pm

Come on guys, we seem to have lost steam here! ;)

Remember, there's no need for a logo on your submissions - you can just post your thumbnailed pics straight in here. Once we've reached a critical mass, we can see about having a poll.

And, yes, I'll go through my collection and upload some suggestions too :D
KG

The rules have been updated: do not post media from pay-per-click hosts, such as FileSonic and HotFile.
KG
Site Admin

Postby Jotaro » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:47 pm

I like this:

Full-size image removed. Please only post clickable thumbnails to the forums.
Jotaro

Postby latexxxlove » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:44 am

Nice one!
Tight and Shiny
latexxxlove

Postby Biro » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:21 pm

So far I'm still for the Rachel Weisz catsuit pic that's been posted. If I can think of anything else I shall post it but so far she's my favourite for a covergirl here.
Biro

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion