Rubber... Moulded/Latex and shining them!

Share your suggestions for the site, chat about your favourite celebs or simply say hello.

Moderator: UrMa

Rubber... Moulded/Latex and shining them!

Postby j7 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Just wondering what the main difference is between latex and moulded rubber?

Which is better? Which is shinier? Smoother?

And finally, how do you shine it best? Spray? Gel?

And how to you get it perfectly shiny?

Any help please!
j7

Postby paradox1696 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:29 am

You are really asking on the wrong Forum; look on the IAR for reams of info on this but here is a brief resonse;

Latex clothes can be made by either moulding, gluing or stitching. Moulded garments are typicaly cheaper but can be poor quality and tend not to fit as well.

Most garments are glued which enables the sheets of latex to be cut to suit specific body shapes and if made with a solvent based glue the seams are just as strong as the rest of the garment. A minority of commercially available garments are made with a water based latex adhesive e.g. Copydex.

Some high end garments are stiched e.g Ectomorph which provides a classier finish to the seams.

Which one is better depends what garment you are talking about; gloves always tend to be moulded but otherwise I would say glued or stiched is better for other garments.

I have a large collection of rubber/ latex clothes and the way the garment is made is not connected to how smooth or shiny it is.

I chlorinate all my latex so that it is easy to get on. After that I shine it with the milky blue liquid available from Radical Rubber. People seem to avoid silicon sprays now as it creates losts of static, attracting any hair or fluff from miles around which somewhat detracts from the initial shiny affect.
paradox1696

Postby j7 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:04 am

Great advice thanks.

That is true. On the moulded rubber stuff my missus has got, it loses its shine extremely quickly. The shape looks great though, but I am currently sorting some money out to get a Latex rubber catsuit from honour.

Do you polish the rubber or just put the stuff on and rub it in?
j7

Postby paradox1696 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:26 am

j7 wrote:Do you polish the rubber or just put the stuff on and rub it in?

I drip the liquid onto the latex and then spread it around with a soft duster. leave to dry for about an hour or so before putting away. A quick polish with some of the liquid on the same duster is all that is needed when you put the garment on before you go out (or stay in!).
paradox1696

Re: Rubber... Moulded/Latex and shining them!

Postby BUGGY » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:38 pm

I know this is an old post , but anyone wanting the best look from your latex/rubber clothes there's only one thing imho worth using
...vivishine...it's feckin' fab.
Just put a cap full in a washing up bowl or i use an inch of luke warm water in the bath, then swoosh it about for a few seconds, shake the surplus water off & hang to dry...it protects , lubricates & gives the best ,deepest long lasting static smear-free shine! ACE! :D
The Games Mistress ...i saw her first!!
BUGGY

Return to General Discussion